Monday, December 22, 2008

S.O.S.


We all know that we need that once in a while. Who can go through life without asking for help from a friend or someone else?

Many times, pride gets in the way.


"It's ok, I can do it."
"No worries."
"I'm fine."
"That won't be necessary."

And then we end up taking a very long time to complete the task, when, if we HAD accepted the help, we could had already finished the task in half the time, maybe, and move on to do something else.

And more than many times, we never bothered to ASK for HELP. It's one thing people offering to help, and another we ourselves asking for help. Chances are, we seldom ask for help, as compared to accepting help when offered.

Why is that? Pride again? Or the wrong perception that people might be too busy to help? Or they might think we are a nuisance? Or think we are inferior, incapable, incompetent, etc.? Or too shy to ask? Or fear of rejection? Or perhaps we think that it would be faster to complete it on our own, since if we asked for help, we need to explain things to the prospective helper, and also maybe they might not be of help, since they might ruin it and make things worse? What do you think?

The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (KJV) that

Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.

For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.

Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone?

And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.


King Solomon, the wisest man ever, wrote that. I'm sure Solomon could have managed many things by himself, since he's so smart. But nope. He thinks that we all need help. We need friends. We need someone to go through life together with us, helping one another along the way.

I truly appreciate all the people whom God had put in my life - countless number of people who had helped me, mentored me, taught me, encouraged me - people who had helped made me into who I am today. I'm very glad that I am not all alone in this world. I am grateful that when I fall down, there is someone to help me up, someone I can call for help. And I am very very happy that when I am in the States next year, come winter, I will have someone to help keep me warm, someone who would go through life together with me most of the time, someone I would call my lovely beloved wife come July 25. I am glad that all of you are part of my life and I look forward to many more years of this wonderful friendship.

Thanks for reading this and I wish you a pleasant day :)



2 Comments:

Blogger MysLykeMeeh said...

Aww--yeah..evryone needs a friend, even Solomon needs one.

I think//for most people, they make blogghesphere as their friend.

Friday, December 26, 2008 6:39:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

I think you meant blogosphere :)

Monday, December 29, 2008 3:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home